In this demo, we combine:
- Circle Data API integration with Auth0 to enable frictionless CFA with Federated Identity Providers (e.g. Google, LinkedIn);
- Optional escalation to Circle-of-Trust human-in-the-loop distributed identity verification + authentication.
With Circle Data, the same encryption keys used to authenticate identities and their actions can be used to secure data and communications end-to-end protecting data on the endpoint devices and in Cloud in Circles and Secure Private Capsules.
In this use case and solution demo, the Circle and Secure Private Capsules are created and controlled by the Auth0 authentication web server. Refresh and Auth tokens generated by Auth0 for SSO can now be securely communicated to and stored on the endpoint device to enable frictionless log-in with no need for user credentials. This ability is uniquely authorized and bound to only the devices the end user has approved and works across all browsers and contexts on each device with no extra steps needed.
Circle-of-Trust is a very flexible and powerful tool. This is the simplest possible configuration - called Level 1 - in which external communications platforms are used. The demo illustrated the following basic functionalities.
- Simple admin to demonstrate setting up one or multiple human authenticators that know you.
- The ability to lock Secure Capsules containing Auth0 tokens to restrict access. In the demo, this is triggered manually by the user. In the real world, this would be triggered by a policies engines in platforms such as Auth0, ForgeRock, Ping Identity, etc.
- The ability to perform a direct out-of-band multifactor authentication with human authenticators to verify the identity of the user, unlock Secure Capsules and restore access. This can be done in person, over video conference, or by other means appropriate to the situation.
At the highest level of security configuration, Circle-of-Trust operates entirely within Circles that are encrypted with AES 256, without any external avenues for attack. We are implementing this first as a turn-key hosted solution in order to ensure the integrity of the methods and system. If you would like to get a demo and learn more, please contact us.